UNDERSTAND YOUR WARNING SIGNS
It is important to seek support if you are feeling overwhelmed. Speaking with friends or family to let them know how you feel can help, and they might also appreciate talking to you about how they feel.
The AFLPA recently launched its revised Mental Health Navigation Service. This is the largest mental health service in world sport.
- Free, confidential and member-centred service
- Provides members with guidance, advice and/or support
- Service is delivered by AFLPA in-house psychologists
Phone: 1800 448 903
- This service operates 8.30am – 5.00pm (AEST)
- If your needs are in regards to an emergency situation where you or someone you know is at risk of harm, we advise that call triple zero (000)
- Immediate crisis support is also available through calling Lifeline on 13 11 14
ALTERNATIVE SUPPORT OPTIONS
There are also many digital mental health services that you can access online or over the phone, or you can connect with a health professional such as your GP, a psychologist, or other mental health professional.