The AFL Players’ Association has a 40 year rich history and has entrenched itself as a key stakeholder in the AFL industry. With a 100% uptake of membership, the PA is a respected champion of AFL players and the game.
The Players’ Association is looking for a General Manager of our Player Relations team, responsible for providing leadership, representation and advocacy for AFLPA members and other key stakeholders on a range of football, employment and membership matters reporting to the Chief Executive Office.
The General Manager, Player Relations is responsible for:
- Representing the collective interests of the AFLPA membership
- Responsible for driving Collective Bargaining Agreement negotiations and outcomes
- Protecting the industrial rights of AFL Players
- Management of relationships with player delegates and members
- Management of AFL industry stakeholder relations
- Management of Player Agent Accreditation Program
- Management and supervision of the Player Relations team
- Contribution to strategic direction and general management of AFLPA
- Support to CEO and other staff
- Extensive industry knowledge, skills and passion for AFL player’s rights and wellbeing
- Experience or knowledge of industrial relations processes
- Executive level experience with proven leadership skills
- Legal, Business, Management Degree or similar
- Strong relationship building skills
- Media experience
The successful applicant will also enjoy a challenge, be a team player, have a passion for helping current and past AFL players and have a strong understanding of the AFL/sports environment.
For more information please view the Position Description here
Applications close 12 noon on Monday 4 January 2016
To apply, email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Please note, only successful applicants will be notified