Letter to 20-year-old self:
You are about to take part in the most exciting ride of your life. You will make lifelong friends, be a life member of the Carlton Football Club and even find yourself a wife.
However, the above won’t happen unless you have:
- Belief – you have to back your skills and your decisions. Questioning yourself will hold you back. Be free. What you think first is usually right, so attack it.
- Dedication – you have to work harder than others. Both on and off field. Do the extras, push yourself in every session. What can you do that will give you one per cent more than your opponent?
- Effort – Don’t leave anything until next time. Give it all you have, in every moment. Fight till the end.
- Passion – lead with the heart in all that you do. Enjoy it. Love every little moment and celebrate them all because it will be over in the blink of an eye.
- Support – you can’t do it alone, so don’t be afraid to use your support network when in need (family, friends, coaches and teammates). More importantly make the effort to be there for others in need. “LIVE TO GIVE.”
Be Grateful….Be Humble….Be Genuine!
Challenge the status quo!