Movember has drawn to a close, and with the help of more than 60 of the game’s finest players, the AFL Players’ Official Movember network has raised more than $35,000 for men’s health.
Club captains, rising stars and greats of the game – both past and present – teamed up to raise money and awareness by changing the face of men’s health throughout November, with the likes of 2014 MVP Nat Fyfe, Brisbane club champion Tom Rockliff, Fremantle skipper Matthew Pavlich, and spearheads Jay Schulz and Drew Petrie all taking part.
It’s been plenty of fun following the players’ “mogress” on social media throughout November, and their updates have ensured that the topic of men’s health has continued to be one of the biggest talking points of the month.
— Drew Petrie (@drewpetrie20) November 29, 2014
From a fundraising perspective, the efforts of the Richmond players – who came together to support teammate Shaun Hampson, whose father passed away from testicular cancer earlier this year – saw their team finish atop the AFL Players’ Movember leaderboard, with the Vic Mo’s and the Legends team rounding out the podium.
1) Richmond Football Club – $11,620
2) AFL Players VIC Mo’s – $8,041
3) AFL Players Mo Legends – $5,030
4) AFL Players QLD Mo’s – $3,645
5) AFL Players WA Mo’s – $2,920
6) Young and Well CRC – $1,920
7) AFL Players NSW Mo’s – $1,440
8) AFL Players SA Mo’s – $490
As far as the individual leader-board goes, Richmond’s Shaun Hampson raised the most, followed by Fremantle skipper Matthew Pavlich and former Melbourne champ David Neitz.
1) Shaun Hampson (Richmond FC)- $1915
2) Matthew Pavlich (WA Mo’s)- $1740
3) David Neitz (Legends Mo’s) – $1315
4) Mark Porter – $1015
5) David Astbury – $865
6) Maverick Weller – $770
7) Farren Ray – $741
8) Steve Morris (Richmond FC) – $715
9) Tom Rockliff (QLD Mo’s) – $610
10) Jeremy Howe (Vic Mo’s) – $515
Some of the best pics from the final days of Movember can be found below. More great photos from Movember can be found here and here. Thanks to everyone who got involved, either by donating, growing a mo or simply keeping the conversation going!