OFFICIAL TERMS and CONDITIONS
AFL Players “22Under22”(the “Competition”)
1. The promoter of this Competition is The AFL Players’ Association, (ABN: 25695729819) (Association Reg: A0025229Z) Level 2, 170 Bridport Street, Albert Park 3206 (”Promoter”).
2. Each entry must be entered in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. By entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter may in its discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions. All relevant instructions on the Promoter’s website and Facebook page (if any) form part of these Terms and Conditions
3. This Promotion is a game of skill; there can be only one winner.
4. Entry into the Competition is free.
5. The Competition opens at 9:00 (AEST) on August 26 and closes at 17:00 (AEST) on September 9 (“Competition Period”). Any entry received after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
6. Entry Is only open to “Eligible Entrants”. An Eligible Entrant is an individual who is an Australian resident aged 13 years or older as at time of entry and who has an active Facebook account, excluding any: (i) employee or director of an employee or director of the Promoter or any of its related agencies or companies and (ii) spouse, defacto spouse, parent, child or sibling of an excluded employee or director.
7. Eligible Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this Competition. Parents/guardians must consent to all conditions imposed.
8. Entries will be deemed made by natural person named in the entry and, if there is a dispute, the authorized holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry and such individual must be comply with these Terms and Conditions. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by the Internet access provider or the domain associated with the submitted e- mail address.
9. To enter, you must log onto the AFL Players’ Association Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AFLPlayers and follow the directions provided. Entrants will submit the names of the players they think comprise the ultimate team of AFL Players aged 22 or under from the 45 players nominated by the Board of Directors of the AFL Players Association and set out in the entry form.
10. Only one (1) entry per person per Facebook account will be accepted per week of the Competition (Sunday to Saturday). If multiple entries are received from one Facebook account, the first entry received will be deemed to be the only entry recognized for that Facebook account and all other entries will be void.
11. Use of any device to automate entry or any other activity which subverts the entry process is prohibited and all such entries will be deemed void. The Promoter may not verify receipt of entries. All entries submitted become the property of the Promoter and will not be returned.
12. The winner will be determined by the Promoter from all eligible entries received. The winner will be deemed the individual who submitted the eligible entry that most closely matches the optimum “22Under22” team as determined by an algorithm of all eligible entries.
13. In the event of a tie, the entry that was received first, as determined by Promoter in its sole discretion, will be deemed the winning entry. In the event that the earliest-received winning entries were received at exactly the same time, then the Promoter will utilize a random drawing to select a winner from such winning entries.
14. Decisions of the Promoter and its panel of judges are final and will be binding on each person who enters the Competition and no correspondence will be entered into. The name of the prizewinner will be posted on the AFL Players Association Facebook page. Please allow at least 7 days from the date of notification for the delivery of the prize.
15. The prize is the Ultimate 22 Under 22 prize pack. All prize details are at Promoter’s sole discretion. The approximate retail value of the prize will be less than $400.
16. The prize is not redeemable for cash, is nontransferable, and no substitutions are allowed except by Promoter who reserves the right to award a prize of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion.
17. By submitting an enter to the Promoter, you specifically grant to the Promoter the non-exclusive right to communicate your entry and all other materials provided by you in whole or in part (your “Work”) to the public throughout the world on any media platform and you grant to the Promoter all associated rights necessary to exercise the above rights.
18. You acknowledge that the Promoter is under no obligation to exercise any of the rights granted to it by these Terms and Conditions and any communication of your Work to the public by the Promoter is at the complete discretion of the Promoter.
19. You agree that the Promoter may use your entry and any personal details provided to the Promoter for any promotional, marketing and publicity purposes of the Promoter in any media without notice and without any fee being paid to you.
20. If there is any event that prevents or hinders the Promoter’s conduct of the Competition or the Promoter’s ability to deliver the prize to the prize winner of the Competition, the Promoter may, in its discretion, cancel the Competition and recommence it at another time under the same conditions or select another winner.
21. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Competition, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
22. To the full extent permitted by the law, the Promoter will not be liable for any injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or consequential) to persons or property as a result of any person entering into the Competition or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any prize or damage to any prize in transit.
23. Entry and continued participation in the promotion is dependent on you following and acting in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.php. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
24. You warrant that: (i) all details provided with your entry are true and accurate; (ii) you have all necessary rights and licenses to grant the rights set out in these Terms and Conditions; iii) the exercise of the rights granted to the Promoter in these Terms and Conditions will not infringe the rights of any third parties; and you will indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of these warranties.