The AFL’s two South Australian clubs are in line for a revenue boost over the next three years after a revised stadium deal for the new-look Adelaide Oval was signed off on Monday.
Adelaide, Port Adelaide and the SANFL agreed to the restructured deal after the stadium’s successful first season in 2014.
The Crows and Power could share about $11 million in additional revenue over the next three years under the new arrangement.
“The new arrangement agreed is a win for South Australian football, providing a fair share of revenue from the success of the new stadium to the clubs and to local football.” – AFL CEO Gillon mclachlan
The deal rewards the two clubs with a higher return for bigger crowds.
AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan said the new Adelaide Oval had been a great success in 2014 with the best fan experience in the country and attendances beyond expectations, resulting in significant financial benefits for football in South Australia.
“South Australian fans have embraced the new stadium and their support has helped strengthen football across the state,” he said.
“The new arrangement agreed is a win for South Australian football, providing a fair share of revenue from the success of the new stadium to the clubs and to local football.
“Without the foresight of the State Government and the passion of South Australians for both football and cricket, our competition would not have this world class facility.”
SA Football Commission chairman John Olsen said the agreement was “a good outcome” for all parties.
“This has been an exhaustive process but it’s a complex model and we had to ensure we got it right. We are now in a position where football in South Australia has a springboard for the future,” he said.