AFL Players’ Association partner, La Trobe University is convening the Sport in Regional Australia Conference in Bendigo on the 10th and 11th of November this year.
The conference will be an unmissable event for all those in rural or regional Victoria who work, or want to work, in the sport industry. It will focus on a range of issues facing the industry – issues that will effect the 4.5 million people throughout Australia who are involved in organised sport and physical activity in some capacity. As the country’s leading university for sport, La Trobe University is passionate about the well-being of sport at all levels – from grass-roots through to elite competitions such as the AFL.
The conference is dedicated to examining important sport performance, management and development issues within the context of the challenges and opportunities that exist in regional and rural Australia.
It is a must for those involved at the rural or regional level around Australia and will:
- Focus on issues that impact the performance and participation of regional and rural Australians
- Examine issues that impact the operations of regional sport organisations and providers
- Highlight best practice industry insights and research relevant
The conference program will also include discussions and panels on:
- Participation and Physical Activity
- Coach Welfare and Development
- Facility Management
- High Performance
- Nutrition and Supplements
- Climate Change and Sustainability