The AFL Players’ Association would like to congratulate incoming board members Tom Jonas, Darcy Moore, Neville Jetta and Annalyse Lister on their election and thank Jamie Macmillan, Easton Wood, Rory Sloane and Meg Downie for their outstanding years of service.
Neville Jetta, Tom Jonas, Annalyse Lister and Darcy Moore were elected to the AFL Players’ Association Board at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Tuesday evening.
The appointed directors replace Melbourne AFLW player Meg Downie, former North Melbourne defender Jamie Macmillan, Premiership Western Bulldogs captain Easton Wood and Adelaide skipper Rory Sloane on the 11-member AFLPA Board.
Sloane served on the Board since 2016, Wood was elected in 2017, while Downie and Macmillan were elected in 2019.
GWS Giants veteran Phil Davis was also re-elected to the Board after four years of service and he was also appointed by the Board as the sole Vice-President, deputising Patrick Dangerfield, who was also re-appointed as President.
AFLPA CEO Paul Marsh welcomed the four players to the Board and thanked Sloane, Wood, Downie and Macmillan for their contributions to the Association.
“Firstly, I would like to acknowledge the service provided by the outgoing Board members in Rory, Easton, Jamie and Meg,” Marsh said.
“They have all in their own way made outstanding contributions to the Board and represented the members with distinction through one of the most challenging times for players in the history of the game. In particular, I want to thank Jamie and Easton for their enduring service to the PA for nine and eight years respectively, in both delegate and Board roles.
“We’re thrilled to have people of the calibre of Neville, Tom, Darcy and Annalyse elected to the Board. They are all influential leaders within their clubs and respected across the competition. I know they will bring expertise, diversity of thought and energy to the Board, which will tackle some significant challenges over the next 12 months as we continue to guide members through the impact of COVID-19 and commence negotiations on Collective Bargaining Agreements for male and female players.
“I would also like to congratulate Phil on securing a re-election after an impressive four years on the Board, including two as the Vice-President.”
The AFLPA Board consists of Patrick Dangerfield (President), Phil Davis (Vice President), Leah Kaslar, Annalyse Lister, Neville Jetta, Tom Jonas, Darcy Moore, Ed Curnow, Paul Marsh (AFLPA CEO), past player Chris Heffernan and Andrew Twaits (Independent Chair).
- Current player for Collingwood Football Club (2015 – current)
- Member of Collingwood Leadership Group (current)
- AFLPA Club Delegate, Collingwood (2017 – current)
- Ladder Mentorship Program – mentor (2015 – 2017)
- Completed Bachelor of Commerce, majoring in Marketing and Management
- Current AFLW player for GWS Giants (2020 – current)
- Previously Australian Hockey League player for the Victorian Vipers and SA Suns
- Physiotherapist and experienced senior manager, currently working as a Business Support Manager for United Physiotherapy Group
- Completing an MBA at Deakin University
- Current player for Melbourne Football Club (2009 – current)
- AFLPA Indigenous Advisory Board (2016 – current)
- Diploma, Education Support
- AFL Level 2 Coaching Accreditation, 2017
- Tackle Your Feelings Ambassador (AFLPA partnership)
- VicHealth ambassador (AFLPA partnership)
- Current player for Port Adelaide Football Club (2011 – current)
- Captain Port Adelaide (2019 – current)
- AFLPA Club Delegate, Port Adelaide (2014 – current)
- Completed a Bachelor of Laws and currently completing an MBA